Hosting backyard events requires a grill capable of keeping up with demand. The Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65 is capable of providing plenty of meats cooked in a variety of ways. This grill makes use of wood pellets to provide both flavor and heat. An auger system moves the pellets from the hopper to the grill, allowing a user to concentrate on things other than grill maintenance.
About Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65
This grill provides lower temperature settings for a variety of cooking options including barbecue, baking, braising, grill, roasting, and smoking. Its electric ignition system is reliable while the digital controls are easy to read and use. Porcelain coated grates help to prevent sticking and allow for fast cleaning.
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as...
- Assembled Grill Dimensions: 54" W x 22" D x 49" H | Weight: 125 lbs
- Versatile Barbecue Cooking: Hot and fast, or low and slow, the Texas Elite 34 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to...
This grill offers an ample cooking surface that is evenly heated by 36,000 BTUs. A grill for almost all occasions, the Texas Elite should prove ideal for family use throughout the year. Users who enjoy slow-cooked meats will find the hopper dimensions adequate for most jobs.
The grill can drop down to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Such a setting can provide hours of smoking on a single hopper load of wood pellets. Backyard events can be serviced by this grill. At the end of the day, this grill should be able to keep everyone’s plate full of both BBQ and grilled meats.
Traeger Texas Elite 34 tfb65 Specifications
Advantages and Disadvantages of Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65
- A Roomy Cooking Area: A cooking area of 34 by 19 inches provides 646 square inches of total heating surface. The digital controls help to keep the entire surface evenly heated. Temperatures range from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It Provides Six Cooking Options: The Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65 grill can both barbecue and grill, depending on what you crave. It is also capable of baking and braising. At the same time, the wood pellets are great for smoking and roasting meats.
- The Pellet Hopper Is Roomy: This medium-sized hopper is able to hold between 12 and 19 pounds of wood pellets per fill. That allows the grill to run for an extended period of time. Users will find this great for smoking and other lengthy cooking options.
- The Controls Are Easy to Use: The Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65 provides users with large dials that turn easily. It has digital displays that provide bright numbers. An extra appeal comes from the large text. This makes the display easy to read both in the daylight as well as at night.
- Top Temperatures Are a Bit Low: The lower temperatures provided by the Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65 may be great for smoking and slow roasting. However, they do limit the grill in other ways. The maximum of 450 degrees Fahrenheit will not be hot enough for a good searing. Those used to grilling at higher temperatures will have to adjust their cooking times as well.
- There Are Potential Issues with the Wheel Design: Its smaller wheel-set on this grill do lock, which can help prevent unwanted movement. However, the leg design does place the wheels close together and may cause wobbling, especially if the surface is uneven. One set of wheels is smaller than the other, and this smaller set may have issues moving over terrain that is not completely smooth.
- It has a decently sized cooking surface.
- The hopper holds a lot of pellets.
- This grill is covered by a three-year warranty.
- It provides multiple cooking options.
- Its maximum temperature is low compared to similar grills.
- The wheels on the bottom of the legs may cause the grill to wobble.
- There can be a wide variance in the measured temperature.
Common Topics in Reviews
- There were some customers who struggled with large temperature fluctuations.
- A couple of reviews discussed pellet clogging inside the auger housing.
- More than one owner of previous Traeger products mentioned newer grill series feel flimsy.
A few reviews mentioned that customers struggled with temperatures that varied by 20 degrees or more from the one listed on the monitor. Outside influences such as opening the lid often, even the season users choose can influence the temperature. While most customers expressed no problem with temperature listings, a third party thermometer can be used for a workaround.
Users should keep in mind that wood pellets can shrink or expand with moisture and should keep the auger empty when the grill is not in use. Previous Traeger owners will notice that the newer grills use thinner and lighter metals for construction. These materials should prove just as durable as older metals that were heavier and thicker.
The Traeger Texas Elite 34 TFB65 provides a user with a multitude of cooking options. The grill provides modern digital controls and comes with a solid warranty. Our readers and staff would love to hear about your experiences with this grill or any suggestions for its use!
Last update on 2021-04-11 at 19:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API