You don’t have to break the bank to get a great grilling experience. Each of the seven products that are reviewed below is under 300 dollars, and are listed from the most affordable to the most expensive. Each entry on this list contains general physical characteristics common with each product, followed by a stand-out feature unique to a particular grill. The reviews finish with a bullet list of Pros and Cons.
Best Barbecue Grills Under $300
10. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style is a lightweight steel tabletop grill that has impressed us with its good design and excellent cooking power. It works with a 20 lb tank of propane, which you will have to purchase separately. This grill was design with portability in mind as its legs fold up and the lid locks. It can easily fit in a suitcase. The only downside of this model is the stainless steel being light gauge (so we don’t expect it to be very durable.)
- Well designed
- Heats up and cools down quickly
- Sealed bottom with large capacity
- Burner knobs may malfunction
- Grill runs extremely hot
9. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
Simple features like the rust-resistant aluminum vents make this grill easy to operate by almost anyone. This unit represents the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for affordability. You might like this choice more when you learn about its 10-year warranty. If you’re on the fence about buying a Weber grill, check out our selection of best Weber grills that you can buy this year!
- The bowl and lid are porcelain coated
- It has durable nylon handles
- The generous cooking surface can handle 3 large, juicy stakes at a time
- The legs are too thin
- Metals used on sub-assemblies are less durable
8. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel TableTop Propane Gas Grill
The steel body makes this Smoke Hollow choice the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for durability in a portable cooking surface. Users appreciate the sleek locking lid that stays put thanks to locking hood latches. There are 105 square inches solely for cooking surface. At 10,000 BTU, this Smoke Hollow grill will get your meat done in half the expected time. Most of all, you won’t break the bank with this solid model.
- Its legs fold-up
- There are locks for the hood
- A thermometer is mounted into the lid
- This grill can become hot during use
- The legs are short and provide little clearance under the unit
7. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill
Each shelf provides over one square foot of useful area, making the Classic 280 the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for holding space. Two burners made of stainless steel await you to make use of their 20,000 BTU. In the end, you’ll get delicious meals that won’t stick to the grates thanks to their porcelain coating.
- This grill makes use of Piezo Ignition technology
- It comes with two side-shelves
- The two-wheel/two-leg design prevents it from moving
- The wheels have a short wheel-base
- The utensil holders are inconveniently located
6. Cuisinart CCG-190RB Charcoal Grill
The grill has a compact design and legs that make it the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for lightweight portability. What’s appealing about this Cuisinart product is its accompanying ash catcher that will save users a lot of trouble with their cleaning. Thanks to its sleek, standard features, this Cuisinart model also works as one of the best charcoal grills.
- Two vents provide plenty of circulation
- Three locks keep the lid in place securely for a hassle-free transport
- The shorter legs keep it stable
- Can only cook for one or two individuals at a time
- The lid fasteners are made from a cheap material
5. Durable Outdoor Barbeque & Burger Gas Grill
The Durable Outdoor Barbeque & Burger Gas Grill is a nice-looking dual action grill (gas and charcoal) with a solid build and very low price. It does what It says, although for the price, don’t expect the materials to be quality. If you plan to keep it outdoors, get a grill cover first. The only major downside of this unit is the assembly time (it can take around 3 to 4 hours to fit all the pieces together.) All in all, this is a solid and spacious combo grill for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Well designed
- It comes with a charcoal side
- Very functional
- Charcoal side is smaller than the gas side (262 versus 295 sq in)
- Assembly instructions not clear
4. Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber 51210001 Q1200 is a nice portable barbecue grill with a round shape that enables superior heat circulation to other similar models for really even cooking. The grates are made of porcelain-enameled cats iron, which means that the grill excels at heat retention. It works with small propane bottles but we do recommend getting a larger propane tank and an adapter hose if you are serious about grilling.
- Cookbox’s shape enables excellent heat circulation
- Foldable side wings for extra storage space
- Built-in thermostat
- Good temperature control
- Regulator issues in some units
- Slightly underpowered
3. Blackstone 3-in-1 Kabob Charcoal Grill
This product is able to cook in a variety of ways, making it the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for cooking versatility. Blackstone created a multi-use cooking tool designed for enjoyable outdoor experiences. Users won’t have to do much after their cooking session as the removable catch pan makes cleaning a breeze.
- It has barbecue, kebab, and smoker abilities
- The grill comes with heavy-duty skewers
- This grill’s grates are sectioned off
- This multi-purpose grill doesn’t excel at one specific task
- The product does not seal well
2. Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
The design and materials used for this barbecue grill could make it the best barbecue grill under 300 dollars for heavy-duty construction. The gas grill offers an impressive 40,800 BTU power that sparks up instantly thanks to its electronic ignition.
- The grates are porcelain coated
- It has an additional 12,000 BTU side burner
- A dual-chimney exhaust allows for extra venting
- The wheels are not very durable
- It can be difficult to assemble
1. Megamaster 720-0983 Propane Gas Grill
The Megamaster 720-0983 is a propane grill that does what many expensive grills do at half the price. It has impressed us with its solid construction and extra work space on the sides. Thanks to its 6 burners, it heats up incredibly fast (it can hit 700 degrees (F) in less than ten minutes and cools down quickly as well). It also cooks evenly. We believe that you won’t find a better and more spacious six-burner grill (with a total BTU of 54,000) for this price.
- Huge grilling area (543 sq in)
- Top warming rack isn’t attached to the lid
- Cooks food evenly
- The oversized side tables do not fold down
- It takes some time to assemble
These products use a variety of fuel, cooking space, and design features to cook meats just the way you want it. Do you own one of these grills or another not mentioned here? Make sure to share your grilling experiences, as well as your product recommendations with us below!