Summer parties and other outdoor events are always enhanced by charcoal cooked meats. Egg grills and smokers have become a popular option for those looking to improve their backyard cooking experience. The Kamado outdoors cooking surface cooks and smokes meats while adding to the event’s decor. This review will go beyond this product’s looks, however, and delve into its features and uses.
About Kamado Joe Classic II Grill
This grill provides a charcoal cooking experience with a patented barrel-shaped design that adds to the looks of a deck or patio. The ceramic bodied grill provides excellent heat retention that adds to heat and moisture control. A multiple level rack system allows a user to cook at different temperatures at the same time while the heat shields add to this versatility. An advanced intake and exhaust provide good ventilation for smoking, and a fiberglass reinforced gasket helps to maintain the seal between the body and lid.
- Premium 18″ Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels – The Kamado Joe Classic II gives the perfect cooking...
- 2-Tier Divide & Conquer - Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System transforms the humble grill grate into the most...
- Kontrol Tower Top Vent - Maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow management during dome opening and...
Homeowners looking for a grilling system that adds to their deck or patio decor will appreciate the Kamado Joe Classic II Grill design. The grill is easy to use for beginners and advanced grillers alike. Finally, the 18-inch split grates provide ample cooking space for small and medium-sized backyard barbecues, parties or family meals.
Kamado Joe Classic II Grill Specifications
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Kamado Joe Classic II Grill
- This grilling system produces high heat: The body of the Kamado Joe Classic II Grill is made of 1.25-inch thick ceramic that is capable of holding heat. Such a design also helps to maintain a more consistent temperature. It also uses a patented Kontrol Tower top vent that promotes a consistent air flow. This helps to maintain a controlled temperature while preventing moisture from entering the top of the grill.
- It performs a variety of cooking styles: The Kamado Joe Classic II Grill makes use of two split heat deflectors that allow direct or indirect heating. These deflectors create the perfect conditions for baking as well as cooking. A porous ceramic interior promotes moisture retention in meats as they grill. The stand-out feature for this barrel grill is the multi-level grates that allow for grilling at different temperatures at the same time.
- This product comes with a great warranty: The Kamado Joe Classic II Grill comes with a limited lifetime warranty that covers its ceramic parts and material defects. It covers the thermometer and gaskets for one year while heat deflectors and pizza stone enjoy a more extended coverage of three years. Finally, all metal parts on the grill come with a five-year warranty.
- Design considerations to consider: Due to the ceramic materials used in construction, the lid of this grill is extremely heavy. An air-lift hinge has been added that helps to reduce the lid weight by over 90-percent. Nonetheless, the lid weight should definitely be kept in mind when considering a purchase. The Kamado Joe Classic II Grill is practically airtight except for the air intake and exhaust chimney. This can cause something called flashover when the grill lid is opened. Therefore, caution should be exercised whenever the grill lid is opened.
Another design element to consider is the leg design. This distributes the weight in a way that makes the grill top heavy. Therefore, the grill should be placed on a surface that is level and smooth. Asphalt, brick, and concrete surfaces will keep the grill from tipping during use.
- The grill can produce higher top-end temperatures.
- It uses the “Divide & Conquer” Flexible Cooking System.
- This grill comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The lid is heavy and can be difficult for some to use.
- It provides a limited cooking surface for the price category.
- The design of this product makes it top heavy.
Common Topics In Reviews
- Some online reviews take issue with the smaller total cooking surface
- A couple of customer feedback entries discuss the fragility of the grill
More than one entry comments on the user’s surprise at the total cooking surface. The 18-inch grates are split level and provide a total cooking surface similar to other large charcoal-fueled grills of a circular design. This interior provides 254 square inches of a cooking surface and ample clearance for larger pieces of meat.
A couple of product reviews expressed concern about the grill’s ceramic body. This material is reinforced and durable, which is reflected in the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty on the ceramic parts. Ceramic fireboxes can crack as they expand and contract due to heat cycles. Kamado has designed their firebox bowl in multiple pieces that can expand independently and greatly reduce potential cracking problems.
For those who prefer charcoal grilling, the Kamado Joe Classic II Grill provides a controlled environment with high-temperature capabilities. This barrel style grill adds decor to the grilling or smoking experience. We would love to hear about your experiences and tips when using this charcoal grill, oven, and meat smoker!
Last update on 2021-10-21 at 12:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API