The prestige of Weber Performer Deluxe 22 makes it worthwhile to explore not only its specific features, but also the manufacturer’s claims and the grill’s functionality. Besides examining the objective details, this review will take a look at user experience as found in customer reviews. With both perspectives, a potential buyer can form a balanced evaluation of this deluxe grill.
The grilling world is familiar with the Weber brand of grills, among them being the Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill 22. As the elite member of the brand’s Performer series, it bears special features that raise its claims to public attention. Let’s begin the exploration of such a popular Weber grill!
About the Weber Performer Deluxe 22
The Weber Performer Deluxe 22 operates on principles of convenience. While one button uses gas to ignite the charcoal, a simple movement activates the One-Touch cleaning system. This feature sweeps the ash and debris into an ash catcher.
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
- Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system
- Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
Moving on, the lid slides to one side to give access to the grill surface. On top of that, the grill surface itself comes out to hang on the side of grill structure. A removable center plate makes it easy to use various attachments, such as a pizza stone.
Beyond these conveniences, the grill has a built-in work table for food preparation or for any materials helpful to keep handy. Also attached to the grill structure is a container for charcoal which, while protecting it from the weather, allows for conveniently located storage as well.
Efficiency is definitely the keyword here. Anyone who grills often or who cooks a variety of foods in a variety of ways could find the Weber Performer Deluxe 22 useful.
Weber Performer Deluxe 22 Specifications
- Grilling Surface: 363 square inches/2,342 square centimeters
- Diameter: 22 inches/55.88 centimeters
- Firebox dimensions: 22 inches wide x 22 inches deep
- Assembled Dimensions: 43.5 inches x 48 inches x 30 inches
- Weight: 96 pounds/ 43.5 kg
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Ignition: Electrical
- Battery Type: AA, AAA
- Batteries: 3
- Temperature sensor: yes
- Meat temperature probe: no
- Tool hooks: 3
- Warming rack: no
- Side shelf: fixed
- Shelf material: painted metal
- Char baskets: 2
- Removable ash catcher: yes
- Adjustable air vents: 1
- Air vent material: rust-resistant aluminum
- Storage rack: yes
- Removable timer: yes
- Wheels: 2
- Swivel-locking casters: 2
- Cooking grate material: plated steel
- Cart frame: steel
- Cylinder type: disposable LP cylinders
- Cylinder included: no
- Lid material: porcelain-coated steel
- Lid holder: yes
- Handle: glass-reinforced nylon
- Lid height: 7.5 inches
- Color: black
- Other colors available: green, copper
- Grill category: freestanding/cart style
- Price category: medium
- Warranty: 10-year limited
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Weber Performer Deluxe 22
- Easy to Use
From the first step of the grilling process, the Weber Performer Deluxe 22 is easy to use. That’s thanks to the Touch-N-Go ignition system makes lighting the grill virtually effortless. Cooking itself may require more than a button. Nonetheless, the substantial workspace, the handy tool hooks, and the roll-top lid eliminate much of the inconvenience from the process.
The Weber Performer Deluxe 22 is a grill with extensive possibilities. Because the center of the grill surface is removable, it is possible to replace it with a range of cooking apparatus. This can be a pizza stone, a wok, or a griddle, to cook almost any kind of food. The two charcoal baskets also make it simple to grill with direct or indirect heat.
- Seals Tightly
An important aspect of a grill is the conjunction of the lid and the grill body. The Weber Performer Deluxe 22 maintains a tight seal, allowing easier and more precise heat control as well as faster cooking times.
- Effortless Cleanup
Weber’s One-Touch cleaning system simplifies cleanup by collecting the ash in a large, removable ash catcher. Transferring ashes from the grill to the trash could not be easier.
- Convenient Storage
A notable feature of the Weber Performer Deluxe 22 is the CharBin, attached to the underside of the work table. This bin is weatherproof. On top of that, it can hold a large quantity of charcoal, increasing the efficiency of the grilling process by keeping fuel ready to hand.
- Inaccurate Thermometer
Although the Weber Performer Deluxe 22 has numerous advantages, there are a few negative aspects. For example, the thermometer built into the lid does not give a proper read. In all fairness, however, most such thermometers are inaccurate, regardless of the grill make or model. To measure heat accurately, the best option is to use a thermometer placed at the level of the cooking surface.
- Somewhat Ineffective Cooking Timer
While it is certainly an advantage that the digital timer detaches from the grill, it is unfortunate that its maximum time is 99 minutes. This feature limits its usefulness, as many grilled foods take hours to cook.
- Lengthy Assembly Time
The Weber Performer Deluxe 22, with all its features, contains many parts. This aspect of the grill necessitates a fairly lengthy assembly time, estimated on average at anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. While the process is not necessarily difficult, some may consider the time expenditure a significant deterrent.
Common Topics in Reviews
While most reviewers have been enthusiastic about the Weber Performer Deluxe 22, some have mentioned a few issues:
- Bolts and nuts: Several reviewers have complained about two bolts and nuts. These jut out over the surface of the grill and impede removal and replacement of the grate.
- Center of cooking grate: Reviewers have frequently noted that, when taking off the entire grate and hanging it on the grill, they have nowhere to hang the removable center plate.
- Ash catcher: A number of reviewers have mentioned that they have had difficulty removing and replacing the ash catcher.
Nevertheless, most reviewers have showered praise upon the grill for its versatility, convenience, and especially its ease of use. One reviewer even noted that the design allowed her to operate it with only one hand. What is more, numerous reviewers were pleased that they could operate the grill without gas by using a charcoal chimney.
The Weber Performer Deluxe 22 is an efficient, up-to-date grill that has the potential to meet the needs of a wide range of consumers. Since the best insight comes from users themselves, readers who have any experience with this product are warmly invited to share their insight and opinions below.