Most gas grills can provide you with fully cooked food in just a few minutes. Our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review will focus on the company’s 740-0780 propane model. We will take you through various specifications for the grill and highlight its most prominent features.This in-depth review splits into convenient sections that offer you general details about the model, a list of its most important specifications, AND some advantages and disadvantages of it. Finally, you’ll find out what other users have to say about it in their own online reviews.
About the KitchenAid 740-0780 Gas Grill
This model from KitchenAid is a four-burner propane grill that you can convert to natural gas if you wish. It does not require any additional construction on your part and is covered by a 10-year warranty for the main burner components. The entire apparatus uses stainless steel in its construction. Such components help the grill look nice in an outdoor setting and make it easy to maintain.
- Full Stainless Steel construction
- Natural gas conversion kit included
- 10 Year main burner Warranty
Because this grill is both compact and simple to use, we think it is an ideal choice for anyone that is new to grilling or is looking for a grill on a budget. You’ll still get some premium features with this affordable model, such as KitchenAid’s own Even-Heat system for consistent cooking across the board and a rotisserie burner. This offering from KitchenAid is one of our top recommendations to anyone that wants to try outdoor grilling for the first time.
KitchenAid 740-0780 Gas Grill Specifications
Advantages and Disadvantages of KitchenAid 740-0780 Gas Grill
This section of our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review will provide you with a detailed list of the things we liked about the grill. We will also touch on a few points that we think the company might be able to improve with this product.
- It includes four burners made of premium 304 stainless steel. The body of the grill uses stainless steel with rust-resistant properties.
- You will not need to assemble any of the parts after you unpack it.
- KitchenAid’s Even-Heat system uses a series of burners, flame tamers, and grates to distribute heat across your food evenly. Other grills may not be able to cook food so consistently. This system can help vaporize drippings from the meat and use those vapors to make the meat more flavorful.
- Cleaning this grill is easy. Most users found that they could scrape off cooking remains without any trouble.
- Electronic ignition should help to guarantee that you can light the grill every time.
- The company includes a kit for converting this propane grill to natural gas. Not all competing grills will include natural gas conversion kits as part of a package deal.
- It is slightly more compact and more affordable than many of its competitors.
- Although it is a budget model, this grill performs well when stacked against some of its more expensive competitors.
- Its materials help it look good in most outdoor kitchen settings.
- The flame tamers are angled to help prevent unexpected flames that could burn your meat.
- Although the grill does include a kit for natural gas conversion, a few users found the conversion process to be difficult. However, we did not feel this was an issue big enough to impact our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review significantly.
- During our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review, we found that grill racks did not always create consistent grill marks on the meat. We were able to use a spatula to create grill marks. While some users prefer grill marks on their meat, this was not a performance issue.
- This grill does not include any extra accessories. You may wish to add your own cooking utensils and accessories to get the most out of your grilling experience with this model.
Common Topics in Reviews
This section of our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review will list a few of the common elements that other users mentioned in their own reviews.
- Some users had difficulty controlling the temperature.
- Wind hitting the rear of the grill may lower the temperature.
- The upper grill rack may be a bit flimsy for some users.
- In very rare cases, some users had problems with the print next to the knobs coming off during cleaning. This does not seem to be a common issue.
Despite some small issues, most users find that the grill is easy to operate and maintain. Many users seem to agree that cleaning it with water and ammonia as directed by the manufacturer works well. We think this grill looks good and is an excellent choice for the consumer on a budget. Some of the issues we found could be the result of factors other than the grill, such as wind or simple operator error.
Our KitchenAid gas barbecue grill review finds that the 740-0780 model is simple to use for most people, comes at a great price, and has some extra features you might expect to find on premium models. Please share your thoughts on this KitchenAid grill with us in the next section.